Thursday, August 28, 2008

2nd day of orientation! One day left!

It's a bit odd how many times / people have talked to us about balancing life and studies. Apparently a ton of medical students are overwhelmed and on the verge of a break down!

So I better make time for studying and myself/family so that I can be successful in school! I guess that will be a long process of tweaking different habits to finally find the right balance in life for me to succeed in medical school and succeed in my personal life.

After a few speeches from different faculty and staff we went to the Phoenix Art Museum. It was to look at different works of art from different artists and exam them visually and take notes on different visual observations. This was then tied into being a physician and learning to observe and take in many different things upon entering the room with a patient. It was a interesting way of presenting this concept. I thought it was an excellent excercise and it really got you thinking. It was interesting to see how different people see different things in different paintings by different artists.

Then I went out with a good friend of mine and fellow classmate, Greg MS I, to find and purchase a desk for my apartment. We got that and a new chair, and a few hours later, the desk is setup! The remainder of my apartment will be left to the stellar designing skills of my wife! She is awesome at doing stuff like that... and I am not! :)

I just hope to get a nice TV, haha, if not, I like the desk / study room, so I should be golden. Last day of orientation is tomorrow. We get off early and I plan on going to Yuma to see my family and my doggies this weekend for the 3 day weekend. I think my wife will be coming back with me on Sunday and staying a night to help me setup my place, but we will see. I am glad to be going home and spending some quality time with the family! She has a few days off too!! :) I miss my doggies as well. :(

Then, classes will begin on Tuesday and then the hardship begins! AHHHHH! I will keep you posted.

Mansoor Jatoi, MS I

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it."
--William Arthur Ward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home