Saturday, November 22, 2008

Summary of The First Quarter of Medical School

In the words of my counselor... don't take anatomy here at the U of A, wait for it at medical school because they will teach you anatomy the way they want you to learn it.

THE BIGGEST F'in MISTAKE DURING MY UNDERGRAD WAS NOT TAKING ANATOMY!

I paid the price for that this quarter, although, I am sure there were people that did just fine in anatomy without taking anatomy before, but I am not one of those! I made it through, but damn that was really hard and I feel it took me twice as long to learn it. As a result of spending more time in that class, I got behind in others, and it just turned into a huge cascade of getting behind.

Regardless, that was definitely the toughest 10 weeks of my academic career. I certainly started to feel like I got into the groove about half way through the quarter and I am looking to take those improvements and move them into the next quarter to hopefully do a little better.

I still thoroughly enjoy the student government stuff, along with doing other things outside of class. I enjoy the company of my peers in medical school and that definitely makes things easier!

I look forward to the next quarter and what it brings! :)

Mansoor Jatoi, MS I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home